Pennsylvania Artisan Contractors Insurance
As a skilled artisan, your business is founded on precise work. Don't let the things you can't control take it all away. With Artisan Contractor Insurance in Pennsylvania, you'll know that you, your tools and your work are protected by a policy crafted just for you. If your policy isn't designed properly you will have gaps in your coverage! Unfortunately, you usually don't know that the gaps exist until after a loss occurs and then its too late and your assets may be lost in one quick incident.
Gaps In Coverage
After 25 years I have seen many situations where the contractor didn't have the coverage he thought he had, here are some examples of uncovered losses I have seen.
- Contractor has windows stolen from a job site before they were installed.
- Contractor borrows a crane from another contractor at a job site and breaks the boom of the crane.
- Contactors employee hits ice and runs pickup into concrete barrier, truck was insured but welder in bed of truck wasn't.
- Roof leaks shortly after it was installed and damages interior of home and mold grows. Contractor had purchased a policy that didn't cover completed operations or mold and fungus (mold and fungus is excluded from most policies)
- Contractor damages equipment that he was working on.
- Contractor purchases truck and has accident 2 months later and never notified the agent
The primary reason for claims not being covered arises out of unreported changes. So, remember to tell us every time your operation changes, so your Specialty Contractors Insurance policy can be updated to reflect your exposure.
Reduced Liability - And You Didn't Even Know It!
I don't want to shock you but many of the contracts that you sign have significant liability issues attached to them. We find that many agents just go ahead and issue certificates of insurance without considering the implications to your contractors insurance program. In many agreements you are agreeing to assume the liability for the project owner on your policies and in doing so you may be substantially impairing your own liability protection.
In most cases the job may be worth the additional exposure however if you don't realize that you are compromising your coverage you can't make an informed decision as to taking on the job and/or making the required changes to your insurance program to keep you properly protected.
Components Of A Great Protection Plan
A properly written Pennsylvania Artisan Contractors Insurance program should include most of the following Coverage:
Within each of these coverage areas there are many options, some of which will be critical to your particular situation and such options will need to be included in your Protection Plan.
Custom Designed Protection Plans
The professionals at Definitive Insurance Solutions, LLC will be able to put together a customized Specialty Contractors Insurance program that you will understand and be in control of what types of coverage that you need and want. A quality insurance program may not always be the lowest price on the block but in the long run it will be the least expensive.
Give us a call today before you bid that next job! Getting a quick and accurate quote is easy, just give us a call at 717-537-1104.
We look forward to working with you.